Call for Applications: IUPLR/UIC Mellon Fellowship Program, 2020-21
IUPLR will select fellow affiliated with the following six designated research centers:
- The Center for Mexican American Studies and the Department of Mexican American and Latina/o Studies at the University of Texas-Austin
- The Center for Mexican American Studies at the University of Houston
- The Chicano Studies Research Center at UCLA
- The Dominican Studies Institute at CUNY
- The Center for Puerto Rican Studies at CUNY
- The Latin American and Latino Studies Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Cover letter that describes your dissertation, timeline to completion and your professional goals
Completed chapters compiled into a single PDF. Include as a cover page a one page outline with chapter titles, brief chapter summaries, and percentages of each chapter completed. If you do not have any completed, you may just submit the outline.
Two recommendation letters (one from the applicant’s dissertation chair and a Latina/o Studies faculty member) sent to email@example.com
Email of recognition from the Director of the IUPLR center at the applicant’s home institution sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fellowship includes a $25,000 stipend, participation in an intensive summer institute, a structured writing program, faculty mentorship, and ongoing professionalization support. For more information and to view the online application, visit https://mfp.lals.uic.edu/.
Deadline to apply: January 30, 2020. All queries should be directed to the Mellon coordinator, Dr. Jennifer Boles, email@example.com. UCLA applicants are additionally asked to contact Rebecca Epstein, CSRC assistant director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: 2017-18 Fellowship Cohort