Opportunity: 2019 Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship at the CSRC
This ten-week summer internship at the CSRC is structured around current and ongoing CSRC projects in the arts and cultural heritage of the Chicano/Latino community. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the CSRC's mission to provide resources for research and teaching, as well as an opportunity to gain career-relevant archives and museum experience. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Learning archival best practices, including digital preservation for cultural objects (FADGI).
- Creating finding aids and research guides for art collections
- Writing artist statements, researching provenance and describing physical and digital objects in Archives Space
- Curating online exhibitions through our partnership with Google Arts and Culture
- Learning about museum registration and the CSRC’s registry and tracking workflow for museum projects
Getty requirements and eligibility:
- Be of a group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program. Students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2019. Students graduating in May or June 2019 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; AND
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Xaviera Flores, CSRC Librarian and Archivist, at email@example.com. In the subject line, please include "Getty MUI 2019 Application." All applications are due May 3, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. PST. No exceptions. For more information about the MUI program, visit the Getty website here.