CSRC Offers Two Getty Multicultural Internships for Summer 2013
The CSRC has two Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship opportunities available this summer. The internships run Monday, June 10, through Friday, August 16, and each offers a stipend of $3,500. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 26, 5 p.m.
Preservation and Research
The CSRC Library is seeking one intern to work on arts-related archival preservation and access through the CSRC Library. The intern will work under the supervision of CSRC librarian and archivist Lizette Guerra and CSRC data assets manager Jennifer Walters. The intern will be exposed to all aspects of archival processing, research, and the registrar processes. Projects will include digital resource management of photo-heavy collections including arrangement, digitization, and metadata. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Processing and documenting Chicano arts materials according to professional archival standards adopted by the CSRC.
- Arranging and describing image-heavy collections.
- Upload digitized photographs and arts images onto the UCLA Digital Library.
- Attaching metadata to digital objects using Encoded Archival Description (EAD), create finding aids for collections.
Applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to Lizette Guerra, CSRC librarian by Friday, April 26, 5 p.m., to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details about the internship program, visit the Getty website.
Publications and Programs
The CSRC Press is seeking one intern to provide assistance with activities related to the A Ver: Revisioning Art History book series. This series explores the cultural, aesthetic, and historical contributions of Chicano, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican, and other U.S. Latino artists. Interns will gain career-relevant experience in the area of publications and public programs and will develop their communications and development skills through contact with authors, artists, curators, and museums. Responsibilities may include, but may not be limited to:
- Researching and compiling bibliographies and exhibition histories.
- Working with authors and artists to develop art programs and illustration captions.
- Managing permissions programs.
- Archiving series-related materials.
- Developing web-based content for the series.
The intern will work under the supervision of the CSRC director and senior editor for a period of ten weeks. The CSRC Press is conveniently located on the UCLA campus, adjacent to the CSRC Library. Applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to Javier Iribarren, CSRC assistant director, at email@example.com by Friday, April 26, 5 p.m. For details about the internship program visit the Getty website.